The All Groups page is configured by your organization to give you quick access to the information you need about groups, events and documents. At the top of the page you'll find:
- Breadcrumbs: Use these for quick navigation up and down the group structure. All Groups is usually listed first.
- Section name: The name of the section you are in (Group Home).
- Group Admin Note: Information of general interest to the entire organization, maintained by the Group Admin. This note is optional.
- Search: Search through all available documents, email, events, action items, and ballots. See Using Search for more information.
- Below the Group Admin Note are these links, separated by the pipe character (|):
- My Groups: Takes you to a customizable page showing information about all of your groups.
- General Membership Calendar: Takes you to the General Membership Calendar for all groups for the current month, which contains a complete list of available shared events. The calendar is located at the bottom of the page or on a separate page, depending on how Kavi Groups is configured.
- Documents: Takes you to the Documents page, which contains a complete list of available shared documents and a document search tool.
- Ballots: Takes you to the Ballots page, which contains Open Ballots by Group and Recent Closed Ballots (with a link to the Closed Ballots Archive). You will see this link only if Kavi Groups is configured to allow voting.
The All Groups page is divided into four sections:
A list of all available groups for your organization. Kavi Groups can be configured to present this information in a variety of ways, from a simple bulleted list of group names, to a column of sections, each containing a brief description of one group and links to several of that group's sections. Each group name is linked to its home page; subgroups appear immediately below the parent group. Note: If you are a member of a group, clicking on its name or the Visit group page link takes you to the member group home page, with access to complete member information, calendar and documents. If you are not a member of the group, these links take you to a visitor's view of the group home page, with access to shared information and the calendar.
An abbreviated list of upcoming events, with a link to the full calendar. Listed for each event are the date, type (designated using the calendar icons), name (linked to the Event Details page), and group sponsor. Today's date is highlighted if there is an event scheduled. Tip: To quickly find out an event's scheduled time, place your cursor over the event name and read the rollover text.
An abbreviated list of recently published documents, with a link to the Documents page. Listed for each document are the submitted date, type (using standard file type icons), name, Download link (linked to the document itself for viewing on-line/downloading), size and a Details link to the Document Details page. Tip: To quickly find out a document's type, place your cursor over the document icon or Download link and read the rollover text.
An abbreviated list of recent ballots (both open and closed) by close date, with a link to the Ballots page. Listed for each ballot are the open date, status icon (vote, voted, closed), ballot name and status type (ineligible, vote, voted, change vote, closed). You will see this section only if Kavi Groups is configured to allow voting. Tip: To quickly find out a ballot's description, place your cursor over the ballot name and read the rollover text.
The General Membership calendar showing all shared events for all groups for the current month. Depending on how Kavi Groups is configured, the calendar appears either at the bottom of the page or on a separate page. To view the calendar, click Calendar above the Available Groups heading or click View All at the top of the list of events next to the Upcoming Events heading. To view a month other than the current month, select the month and year from the drop-down lists below the calendar heading and click View. To view the month immediately preceding the current month, click the Previous links/arrows above the calendar. To view the month immediately following the current month, click the Next links/arrows above the calendar. Note: If you have Group Admin privileges, you will see the Add Event link next to the Calendar label. The Organization calendar has these additional features:
- Legend: Located to the left of the calendar (icons and explanation text). When an event is scheduled, the icon for that type of event appears on the calendar on the date of the event. If an event is cancelled, the cancelled icon appears on the calendar on top of the original icon, and the event details remain available for viewing.
- Chronological list of upcoming events for the current month: Located to the left of the calendar (and continued below as needed). Listed for each event are the date, event type icon, name (linked to the View event page), and group sponsor. If there is an event scheduled for today's date, it appears at the top of the list and is highlighted, with the word Today next to the date in parentheses.
Tip: To quickly find out an event's scheduled time, place your cursor over the name of the event and read the rollover text.
- Today's date on calendar: Highlighted for quick reference.
- Event icons on calendar: Each event has an icon; click it to view the event's complete event details.
Tip: To quickly find out an event's scheduled time, place your cursor over the icon on the calendar and read the rollover text.